- CAFE & CATERING
- MATTRESS PICK-UP & RECYCLING & DISPOSAL
- PRIVATE EVENTS
Workforce Development & Social Enterprise
The Workforce Development and Social Enterprise program provides youth most in need the opportunity to gain valuable job skills and real earnings to help them pursue positive life choices. While in the program, participants develop healthy life skills, job readiness skills, industry specific (hard) skills, and financial literacy skills that prepare them for professional and personal pursuits beyond UTEC. Knowing that the youth we work with have a number of life challenges to surmount, we offer them multiple chances to excel in the program.
The Workforce Development program features industry-specific social enterprises that operate as mini-businesses within UTEC's model. The enterprises increase UTEC's fiscal sustainability by generating earned income while simultaneously providing invaluable on-the-job training to our young people.
- Learn more about Mattress Recycling - and schedule a pickup or find dropoff details, depending onyour municipality
- Visit us Monday through Thursday at Cafe UTEC
- Consider our Catering Services for your personal or professional event
- Also, consider holding your event at UTEC's downtown Lowell location
- Our Woodworking crew produces cutting boards as well as merchandising displays
- NEW: Commercial & Community Kitchen opens in early 2017! Rental space available.
Why choose UTEC?
- Invest in Lowell and Lawrence youth who seek to redefine their futures.
- Support the planet and health of your employees by hiring businesses that focus on sustainability through recycling, local produce, and other green practices (not to mention our LEED Platinum certified green building).
- Possible acknowledgement of your business on the UTEC website and print materials.