- CAFE UTEC
- PRIVATE EVENTS
- UTEC MATTRESS RECYCLING
Workforce Development & Social Enterprise
The Workforce Development and Social Enterprise program provides youth most in need the opportunity to gain valuable job skills and real earnings to help them pursue positive life choices. While in the program, participants develop healthy life skills, job readiness (soft) skills, industry specific (hard) skills and financial literacy skills that prepare them for professional and personal pursuits beyond UTEC. Youth are required to enroll in UTEC's HiSET class, and the program incentivizes HiSET obtainment. Knowing that the youth we work with have a number of life challenges to surmount, we offer them multiple chances to excel in the program. The ultimate goal of the program is to help youth develop a pathway to a long-term career and expose them to post-secondary educational opportunities that would otherwise be unattainable.
The Workforce Development program features industry-specific social enterprises that operate as mini-businesses within UTEC's model. The enterprises increase UTEC's fiscal sustainability by generating earned income while simultaneously providing invaluable on-the-job training to our young people. Additionally, youth leaders are engaged in the building and management of our businesses, further igniting their entrepreneurial spirit.
- Learn more about Mattress Recycling - and schedule a pickup if you're in our service area
- Visit us Monday through Thursday at Cafe UTEC
- Consider our catering services for your personal or professional event
- Also, consider holding your event at UTEC's downtown Lowell location
- Our woodworking and furniture design crew is working on prototypes now, so stay tuned.
Why choose UTEC?
- Invest in Lowell and Lawrence youth who seek to redefine their futures.
- Support the planet and health of your employees by hiring businesses that focus on sustainability through recycling, local produce, and other green practices (not to mention our LEED Platinum certified green building).
- Possible acknowledgement of your business on the UTEC website and print materials.